Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Welcome

Hello and welcome to my blog page.  I have been using Yahoo groups, but think that this may be a suitable substitute and will give blogging a try. Here I will discuss Okinawan Karate-do and my thoughts on the subject, I will also post up coming events for the Gokenkan dojo, IGKA and OGKK.  I am sure that most people who will arrive at this page will be my students, or students of my students, but for those of you that are not, let me introduce myself.
My name is Mike Jones. First and foremost, I am a student of Okinawan Gojuryu following the teachings of Eiichi Miyazato Hanshi and Koshin Iha Hanshi. I am the Owner/ Chief Instructor of the Gokenkan Dojo located in Swayzee, Indiana. I am the Indiana Shibu-cho for the Okinawa Gojuryu Karate-do Kyokai and the Pan  American Chief Instructor / Chairman for the International Gojuryu Karate Association. I started my Gojuryu karate-do training under the guidance of my father in 1977. I have continued to train ever since and have trained under some highly respected karate-ka. Please see my web page for more information http://www.gokenkan.com/

Thank you for your visit and taking your time to read my thoughts, please feel free to leave me a comment.

3 comments:

  1. Hi there. I'm Nobutaka from the Minei Dojo. I know you visited our blog page. I'm a editor of the blog.
    I'm training under Nanko Minei sensei. I've been doing karate for almost 4years. You are in charge of the Indiana Shibu cho. Have you ever been to Okinawa?
    OK. See you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nobutaka-San, Thank you for reading my blog, I enjoy yours. I am the Indiana shibu cho, and yes i have been to Okinawa, and I look forward to visiting again. Please tell Minei Sensei I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nobutaka San, I'm Nicolas Coyez, from Reunion Island. I'm training with Oshiro sensei in Paris and this summer I had the chance to train in Okinawa. I was with Kiyuna Sensei but I had the chance to meet Takemitsu Minei and his father Nanku and train in his dojo. Say hello from me too please, it was an amazing moment.
    Hi Mike, nice to meet an american gojuryu karateka.
    Have a nice day

    ReplyDelete