Monday, December 14, 2015

Goju-Ryu Futari Geiko

I thought I would announce that my long awaited book on Goju-Ryu two person exercises "Goju-Ryu Futari Geiko" is now completed and ready for distribution. below is the publishers release;

"Goju-Ryu Futari Geiko draws extensively on the authors 39 years of personal experience, training and research in Okinawan GojuRyu Karate-do. This work covers blocking drills, Sandan Gi, Ippon Kumite, Nihon Kumite, Rensoku Waza, flow drills, kakie and kumigata, ranging from simple to complex partner training drills that will benefit not only the novice but also the most experienced karate-ka. If you are looking for training drills from Old style Okinawan karate, look no further."

I know it has taken a while for this to be released, but I hope that you will be pleased with the results. One aspect of training that I feel doesn’t get much attention is Futari Geiko or if you prefer Nijin Keiko, both literally mean two person training. Most all Okinawan Goju-ryu dojo include some type of two person drills, most include ude tanren or kote kitai, kakie and sandan gi, some also utilize some type of yakusoku kumite. However the majority of other ryu-ha do not spend any significant amount of time on these subjects. I have also trained with Goju-Ryu instructors that require little more than kata in their dojo.

What I have tried to do with this book is provide the reader with a step by step description with accompanying photographs of several two person drills that run the spectrum from beginner to advanced practitioner. It is not all encompassing by any means. I started with a simple stationary drill called Shodan Uke Harai, which is divided up into there sections; Jodan, chudan and gedan, I then moved into Sandan Uke Harai which is a bit more complicated and I showed eight of these drills, I then moved on to Sandan Gi and one variation of this drill, then I moved on to ippon and nihon kumite drills, Body conditioning, flow drills, Kumigata and Kakie, There are some drills in this book that have never been show before in another book, I hope you find it as a good resource. 







No comments:

Post a Comment