Thursday, May 1, 2014

Update

It has been a while since I have posted anything. Work has been very busy and the dojo is still going. In March the dojo as a whole went to the First State Tournament and did well.  For the last several months we have been mainly working on Kihon and kata at the dojo, however this month I have shifted gears and been teaching Aikijujutsu. Simply enough I started teaching the basics of Aikijujutsu and some fundamental aspects of Aiki. Since then we have moved into the application of Aiki waza found within the Gojuryu kata. Some people will say don’t you mean Tuite (Toide), well yes and no, while I personally feel that budo is budo, and that must things transcend style, I try to let my students know where what I am teaching them came from, where or whom I learned it from or if I developed it.


Needless to say we are just training and I haven’t had much to say lately, trying to keep up at work and teach, as well as, continuing to develop on my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment