Monday, November 25, 2013

Goju-Ryu Friendship Seminar

I had a great weekend of training in St. Louis. On Saturday Col. Roy Jerry Hobbs Sensei, Col. Anthony Willis Sensei and I trained together and had a good deal of fun in and out of the dojo.

On Sunday the three of us were joined by Jennifer Byrd of the Goyukan/Dentokan, Jonathon D. Hallberg Sensei of the Ryusyokai, Amos Danielli and his student Len DeMoore from the IOGKF. We had a good time and I think everyone enjoyed themselves.  We wnet through all 12 kata and associated bunkai, compairing and asking questions of each other along the way. In my opinion it was great to get a group of different Gojuryu Kai-ha together and freely exchange things, find out why we do what we do differently and what we do that is the same.

I enjoyed meeting everyone and hopefully we will get to train together again. I also enjoyed meeting Kurt Ecker Sensei and want to thank him for letting us use his dojo.

No comments:

Post a Comment