Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Remembrance

Yesterday was the 60th Anniversary of the passing of Goju-Ryu Karate Founder; Miyagi Chojun Sendai.
Yesterday, I did something that I do not normally do, I stayed home sick from work, I just did not feel well at all. However, I still managed to go to the dojo and practice the four kata developed by Miyagi Sensei. Sanchin Dai Ichi, Gekisai Dai Ichi, Gekisai Dai Ni and Tensho.
Every year on Miyagi Sensei birthday and the anniversary of his death, I try to remember him and dedicate my practice to him. I never meet him, as he had passed away before I was ever born, but as the founder of the karate that I practice, I feel that it is important to pay homage to such a great man.
After 60 years since his passing, there are hundreds of thousands of people practicing the karate of this man, I wonder how many of them took the time to remember him.

MJ

No comments:

Post a Comment